Writing a book? Success in publishing is never guaranteed. Competition is stiff. Click here for Publishing Facts and Stats.
Doing everything you can to hedge your bets in the ever-changing world of publishing is smart. It’s also essential.
If you are a serious writer looking for a careful, devoted edit or critique of your manuscript, my writing serivces can help. I am a multi-published author and educator with many years of experience in the publishing field, specifically with the revision and editing process.
I specialize in general fiction, women’s fiction, mystery (especially cozies), romance, middle grade, and YA.
Line Editing Service
Complete editing takes time, but it’s a necessary step in the publishing process.
My editing services include proofreading, an editorial letter, and line editing on:
- structure (based on the 3 Act Structure and/or the hero’s journey)
- character development
- voice and style
- and more!
Note: Line Editing is done on a chapter by chapter basis so you can keep moving forward with your work.
Fees for Line Editing
All Fees are negotiated based on individual manuscripts, but the following is a general guideline/starting point. Final pricing will be determined after a sample chapter is submitted:
- $600+ for a book-length work of up to 60,000 words.
- $800+ up to 80,000 words.
- $1000+ for 80,000-100,000 words.
- A detailed and careful reading of the entire manuscript.
- A summary critique/editorial letter, usually 3-5 pages which discusses the strengths and weaknesses of the manuscript, as well as possible revisions which would make it the best possible manuscript.
- A telephone or Skype consultation, optional
Fees for a Critique (does not include Line Edits)
All Fees are negotiated based on individual manuscripts, but the following is a general guideline. Final pricing will be determined after a sample chapter is submitted:
- $300 for a book-length work of up to 60,000 words.
- $375 up to 80,000 words.
- $500 for 80,000-100,000 words.
- $50 for up to 10 pages