Scroll Down to Find Misa’s Top Picks
Everyone loves a good book and with the economy in the state it’s in, a book is the perfect gift.
- It’s inexpensive
- It’s portable
- It’s an escape to another world
- It comes fully charged
- Costs less than a bottle of champagne (the real stuff)
- You can buy 10 hardcover books for the price of an iphone
- Costs less than a movie (with popcorn)
- Around the same price as a DVD, but the experience lasts much longer
- It can change someone’s life
- It can make someone laugh
- Batteries are not required
- It’s a thoughtful gift
- A personal gift
- One-stop shopping—your bookstore has the right gift for everyone on your list
- It weighs much less than a fruitcake
- It’s more original than a tie or a sweater
- It’s a gift of escape, fun, romance, adventure
- It’s easy to find
- It’s easy to wrap
- And you can never have too many
Same Kind of Different as Me. This one’s a memoir and it is just fantastic. Really lets you see life through someone else’s eyes, and enlightens you to the way life is in America for some people.
The Faith Club. This book is a must read for anyone who wants to look at faith in a new way, who wants understanding of other people and their views, and who embraces the idea that we are all so similar underneath it all.
The Thirteenth Tale. A completely haunting and magnificent read. I loved this book!
The Secret Life of Bees. The movie started as a book and it’s a fabulous one. Full of larger than life characters, it shouldn’t be missed.
Gone With the Wind. A classic and although you have to supply the happy ending, this should hold a permanent spot on the bookshelf.
The Joy Luck Club. For mothers and daughters, this one is wonderful on so many levels. Powerful beyond words.
Outliers. Makes you think about success in a whole new way. Loved this! Great for a family book club, something we do with our teenage children.
Valley of the Dolls. Sexy. Before its time. Addictive. This is a fun book.